At St Anne’s we actively promote the safety and well being of our pupils and staff. We adhere to the government and local authority guidance regarding safeguarding and child protection.
Our school’s Designated Safeguarding Leaders (DSL) are: Mrs J Webb, Mr J Davies and Mrs G Ferris.
Please read our school policies and access the web links below for further information. There are separate pages for our Early Help Offer and Operation Encompass which link to our school’s safeguarding.
- St Anne’s Safeguarding Policy 2022-23
- ICT and Internet Acceptable User Policy 22 23
- Online Safety Policy 22 23
- Primary Computing Policy 22 23
- Prevent Duty
- Prevent Policy Statement
- Children Looked After and Previously Looked After
- Revised Prevent duty guidance: for England and Wales
- Protecting children from radicalisation: the prevent duty
- National Online Safety
- KCSIE_September 2022_
St Anne’s Early help offer can be viewed on the website link below.
If you have concerns about a child or your won child then there are various services that you can contact for advice and support. The details are below for various agencies.
Bacup Children And Family Wellbeing Services
Age Range Catered For:
- Monday: 09:00 – 17:00
- Tuesday: 09:00 – 17:00
- Wednesday: 09:00 – 17:00
- Thursday: 09:00 – 17:00
- Friday: 09:00 – 17:00
A warm welcome to you from everyone at the Children and Family Wellbeing Service in Lancashire County Council.
Our service is here to provide early help on a whole range of issues affecting you and your family. In other words, offering you the right help, in the right place, at the right time.
We provide targeted services for children and young people across the age range 0-19yrs+. Working together with key partners, we aim to ensure that we have maximum impact on achieving positive outcomes for your family.
Our staff are skilled and committed to understanding your needs and identifying with you the right support to help you achieve your goals. Key workers can work with you on an individual basis offering a more tailored and targeted response and through our community based centres and outreach programmes, outreach workers offer a range of groups and drop in services to meet a range of needs. We work in partnership with other agencies in our community based centres, to ensure we can bring together the right support for you in your local area.
Our ‘What’s on guide’ aims to keep you as up to date as possible about what we can offer you and includes information on what specific groups and services are available at your nearest centre, in your local community.
You can also contact our ‘Talkzone’ service which is available every day of the year from 2pm – 10pm.
Call: 0800 511111
Text: 07786 511111
Talk online: http://www.lancashire.gov.uk/youthzone
For those families with younger children, you can also access a lot of advice and guidance on a full range of childcare services, resources and issues from the Family Information Service. Tel: 0300 123 6712 or email: email@example.com
We are always pleased to hear your feedback and ideas about our service, so if you feel able to share with us, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We look forward to hearing from you and thank you for using our services.
Childrens’ Social Care
Concerned about a child
Call Children’s Social Care 0300 123 6720 or out of hours 0300 123 6722.
If you think a child is in immediate danger – don’t delay call the police on 999.
The NSPCC website has advice about the signs, symptoms and effects of child abuse and neglect.
As part of safeguarding our pupils at St Anne’s we recognise that peer on peer abuse can be a form of bullying and we aim to prevent this.
Below are some helpful websites relating to keeping children safe, anti bullying and mental health support.
- Anti-Bullying Alliance: http://www.anti-bullyingalliance.org.uk
- Beat Bullying: http://www.beatbullying.org
- Childline: http://www.childline.org.uk
- Family Lives: http://www.familylives.org.uk
- Kidscape: http://www.kidscape.org.uk
- MindEd: http://www.minded.org.uk
- NSPCC: http://www.nspcc.org.uk
- PSHE Association: http://www.pshe-association.org.uk
- Restorative Justice Council: http://www.restorativejustice.org.uk
- The Diana Award: http://www.diana-award.org.uk
- Victim Support: http://www.victimsupport.org.uk
- Young Minds: http://www.youngminds.org.uk
- Young Carers: http://www.youngcarers.net